Thursday, April 1, 2010

pawns



No, I am not Scheherazade,
nor was meant to be,
and i don't know a thousand stories
that would salvage me.
He would certainly behead me tomorrow,
a promise sealed with kiss.
The dawn would soon break
and end the briefest bliss.
The hunter would prey again,
renew his vows in confetti shower,
and i enslaved to an indifferent him,
would pray for his heightened power.
I want her to suffer my fate
No, she must not win him over.
No, this bloody rite must never end
and he must find a newer lover...
- Neha Bansal


4 comments:

  1. Had this poem been a painting all shades of a woman's emotions would've decorated the whole canvas..
    The hunter would prey again,
    renew his vows in confetti shower,
    and i enslaved to an indifferent him,
    would pray for his heightened power.
    I want her to suffer my fate
    No, she must not win him over.

    Love these lines!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thx :) ur comments are very encouraging :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a very powerful poem.... Wonderful...describes the suffering of women at hands of men and women both.. no one talks of how women suffered in a polygamous society where women were owned like property..

    ReplyDelete